The bandsaw is essentially used for cutting curves or other irregular shapes such as cabriole legs. Besides the curvaceous cuts, bandsaws are generally used for ripping lumber in thinner pieces. Now we are talking about the best bandsaw for the Money to use perfection.
Overall, the best bandsaw is one of the smoothest cutting tools to use. Although it appears archaic, the bandsaw has a wheel and pulley set inside.
The saw offers a steady cut due to the downward action of its wheels while in motion. When compared to the table saws, bandsaws are much safer due to their downward cutting mechanism.
Hence, it eliminates any kickbacks that essentially make it a better alternative than the table saw. There are specific features and elements that need to be considered before purchasing one for your purpose. The following review offers an insight about some of the best products based on important parameters.
Best Bandsaw for The Money – Using
Mostly used by the experts, the bandsaw appears to be an easy tool to use. However, once you try using it yourself, you find it pretty hard to operate. It needs the right set of skills and approach to executing the process efficiently.
Thus if it is the 1st time you are using the bandsaw, try your luck with materials that are not too important for you.
Among the trickiest areas of properly using the bandsaw is selecting the right product and understanding the right tension needed for the blade. These vary from one model to another as well as the blade’s material and the density of the product you are going to cut.
Irrespective of the model you select, it is always recommended to do multiple experiments before performing the actual task. This lets you get familiar with the equipment and ensures that you do not damage the materials that you are looking to cut.
3 Best Bandsaw for The Money – Reviews
The market offers innumerable options to choose from. There are several brands offering multiple options, and some of them are well-known for offering top class products.
Affordability is certainly of the crucial aspects to consider and to help you buy an affordable product we have reviewed three different options below.
1. Milwaukee 2429-21XC M12 Cordless Sub-Compact Bandsaw Kit
This Milwaukee cordless Sub-Compact Bandsaw kit is an attractive machine to look at. The muscular built and appealing looks make this one of the premium looking options in the affordable segment. This unit is one of the best portable bandsaws on the market.
The focus has been to keep it light to facilitate easier movement from one place to the other. The bandsaw measures 27” x ½” x .020″ and comes fitted with an XC battery supporting over 150 cuts after a single charge. The pre-installed LED lights highlight the cut line and hence make the operations a lot easier. It has a cut capacity of 1-5/8” and stretches over 11” in length. The product weighs 12.4 pounds its dimensions are 11.6 x 16.8 x 6.5 inches.
- Supports Single hand operation
- Compact in Size
- The lightweight cordless model that is easy to carry
- Quick cuts with ¾” EMT in only 3 seconds
- 150 cuts per single charge
- LED lights to highlight the cut line
- Meets the OSHA Guarding Standards
- Adjustable blade tracking
- 5 Year Warranty
- Highly Durable
- Slow operations & needs time to get used to
- Good for home use but not recommended for commercial usage
2. Delta 28-400 14 in. 1 HP Steel Frame Band Saw
It is a complete system that is certainly recommended for heavy-duty steel frame users. The bandsaw comes with 1HP, 1 phase TEFC motor with two speeds, i.e., 1,620 FPM and 3,340 FPM for both wood and non-ferrous metal respectively.
This benchtop bandsaw also includes a precision ground cast iron table clubbed with a t-slot miter capability tilts. The durable materials that have been used to manufacture this product not only make them long-lasting products but also gives it a premium feel. Those types of 14-inch band saw are popular for heavy users.
- Heavy-duty steel frame supporting lesser flexing
- Superior finishing
- Aluminum trunnion table that supports longer durability
- 2-speed pulley for easy tensioning system
- Durable aluminum with rubber-coated 9 spoke wheels
- Balanced operation due to superior blade tracking
- 4-inch steel frame bandsaw facilitates convenient usage at great speeds
- Comparatively expensive & features in the upper price category
- Lacks tool-less micrometer for style adjustments
- Six blade guide setup takes time to get accustomed to
3. JET JWBS-14DXPRO 14-Inch Deluxe Pro Band Saw Kit
Probably the best out of the three, the bandsaw comes with a 12-inch resaw capacity. This machine is for heavier operations and requires appropriate knowledge to operate as needed. It is a great tool when it comes to efficient operations, but not recommended for home usage.
The product is designed in a manner that it meets the growing needs of modern woodworkers. One need not add any riser block in the 14-inch bandsaw as it comes fitted with a massive cast iron frame offering increased power.
- Increased power makes it perfect to meet resaw applications
- Advanced high tension spring design
- Supports cutting of large woods
- Quick-release blade tension for quick adjustments
- Superb precision due to the sharp blade guides
- Fitted with a dust port ensuring the workplace remains clean
- Built-in retractable blade guard offers versatility
- Cast iron frame offering powerful performance
- Sturdy table supporting a wide range of projects
- Strictly for commercial and experienced handling
- Expensive than other options
- Lack of a good base for proper balance to the high center of gravity
Each of the products reviewed above is meant for a different set of buyers. If you are a hardcore word worker who is looking for a product to ease the operations, JET JWBS-14DXPRO is the option to select. However, if you are a home user and looking for something that is portable, affordable and easy to operate Milwaukee 2429-21XC M12 will be the option.
However, in case you are a woodworker who would like to have a product that does the heavy tasks with ease and is light in your pocket, you should be selectingDelta 28-400 14 .