Jet HVBS-7MW Horizontal/Vertical Band Saw Reviews
The JET HVBS-7MW Horizontal/Vertical Band Saw provides the best of both worlds for all of your cutting needs. It’s the ideal machine for either your home shop or a professional job site with a range of features that make light work of any type of material or cut you need to perform.
The JET 414459 HVBS-7MW Review
This high capacity machine can handle 7 x 12 inches and a range of materials from steel to aluminum. Its swiveling vise gives added versatility as it can move up to 45 degrees, and with a five-inch throat, it allows for control over every cut.
With UL listed parts it means safety is of the highest standard, and with a 3/4HP, 115-volt motor balanced by a manual blade, you are guaranteed a powerful and precise machine. The variable speed settings make it ideal for working with different materials and projects, so simply adjust for each use.
Some additional features of the JET HVBS-7MW Horizontal/Vertical Band Saw include a chip tray to keep your workspace clear of debris, automatic shut off the system after each cut, and a comprehensive coolant system to prevent your machine from overheating.
- You can instantly feel the sturdiness and solid construction of this machine, however, it is also lightweight enough to move around your shop on wheels;
- Performs an easy cut on a range of materials including aluminum, stainless steel, plastic, bronze, and more;
- Easily adjustable speed variable that can perform cuts of 85 to 285 feet per minute;
- More versatile than just a horizontal or vertical saw alone, this machine can easily transform to perform both jobs in one;
- The coolant system doesn’t work as well as advertised, sometimes the coolant collects in the tray and can splash up at times;
Overall, the JET HVBS-7MW Horizontal/Vertical Band Saw is an outstanding machine for both home and professional workshops. It was hard to spot many disadvantages with this machine other than its poorly designed coolant system which sometimes would leak coolant on the shop floor, causing a bit of a mess. Other than that, there were only positive things to say about it.
The best point was the sturdiness and quality of this vertical/horizontal band saw, and the quality of construction allowed it to perform quality cuts in so many different materials. Its 3/4HP, 115-volt motor was extremely powerful, and it’s UL listing meant it didn’t sacrifice on safety.
Coming in at roughly $$$$, the JET HVBS-7MW Horizontal/Vertical Band Saw is fantastic value for money, with the construction that will allow it to last for years to come in any type of workshop. This is the type of band saw that would particularly suit metal workers, thanks to its durability and strength.