Best Budget Bandsaw 2020 – For Your Workshop
Are a professional woodworker looking for the best band saw? Here we have an answer for you. Facing the need to deliver intricate cuts is not a challenge. The challenge is finding a versatile band saw to carry out the job correctly. In that case, you will be at a better off position if you go for nothing, but a super band saw.
But how do you go into finding such a saw? Here are the details and critical facts the best affordable band saw in 2020. Also, by the end of the guide, you will know the things you need to consider for a group saw.
10 Best Budget Bandsaw Reviews
1. WEN 3962 Two-Speed Band Saw
WEN’s reputation is known entirely in the universe for its efforts to produce the best saws in a highly competitive environment. WEN 3962 is the most prices friendly on our list and the most efficient. That makes it adaptable in any sort of workshop. The saw measure 20 * 58 inches with a reasonably small footprint that complements its performance. That means it is less spacious working well to free your room and making it compatible with work. Also, the saw comes with a super compact design to accommodate small and large pieces of wood.
The latter is well known for a durable table that measures 14-1/8 * 12-1/2 inches. WEN boasts one of the few meals that can rotate up to 45 degrees to the right to help you make a deep cut of the timber. Besides, the machines come with a potent motor of 3.5-amp to sustain even the notorious species of wood. The engine is so fast that it can cut a piece as wide as 9-3/4 inches and up to 6-inches deep in a single pass. The blade comes in two different types so that you can choose what suits you best. It is thick to deliver intricate cuts without any compromise.
- Efficient ball bearing for a stunning performance
- Brilliant adjustable fence for smooth operations
- Versatile work light for illumination in low light environment
- Flexible onboard measuring guide
- Durable milter gauge
- Easy to assemble and set up for operations
- Powerful cutting strength
- Has a longer lifespan
- Effortless to work with
- Very versatile in poorly lit conditions
- Some parts are of plastic
- Produces light with a big shadow cast over the piece of wood you are working on.
2. Rikon 10-305 Band saw
Rikon is not the king of populism since the crown goes to the WEN. But they crown themselves with pride in offering high-quality woodworking tools necessary to earn a reputation. As far as affordability is concerned, Rikon goes hand in hand with WEN and other budget-friendly brands. For such an affordable price, you will get a full package of certain features for long term service. Rikon comes with heavy-duty construction to enable you to work on the notorious hardwood species. The machine boasts a 1/3 HP motor that runs like a small beast from the celestial planet.
The motor can run the blades at a terrifying speed of up to 2,780 amps. Besides, the saw includes a 2-inch fence to make the cuttings straight and super accurate. Moreover, you can remove the saw when you feel like doing some free work. That is why the band saw can work well with the hobbyists. If not enough, Rikon 10-305 features an adjustable guideline post that enables you lower or raises its height with an effortless turn of the handle.
- Features a durable rocking steel
- Large Cast iron tables
- Quality rip fence
- Comes with an adjustable guidepost
- 1/3HP sturdy motor
- Easily adjustable rip fence
- Effortless to install and setup
- It is very spacious and takes only a small piece of your room
- Good choice for hobbyists
- Silent operations
3. WEN 3939T 2.8-Amp 9 Inch Benchtop Band Saw
WEN 3939T may be the most heavy-duty band saw in the market today. The machine is very super to make the work done. No one can estimate WEN’s ability to offer quality machines that the world can’t fail to notice. It features an induction motor with a top speed of 2000 RPM. At such, it can handle lighter workloads without any complications. Moreover, it comes with an aluminum die-cast table for a spacious and sturdy work surface without sacrificing the content of the quality.
The blades set are correct to ensure you complete your work on time. The thickness of them ranges from 1/8 to 3/8 inches. These blades allow maximum versatility especially when it comes to re-sawing and cutting of scroll. Also, it employs a unique style of releasing tension quickly with the use of lever; hence adjustment is made effortless and straightforward. Furthermore, you will be given a stand as an addition to the purchase, which is very adjustable to the needs of your workshop.
- Rack and pinion adjustable for the table
- Comes with a blading rocking tracking window
- Durable and patent blade-guard
- Table supports
- 3-5-amp high potent motor
- The model is very durable
- Easily changeable blade
- Rocking bearings on the guide
- A 25-inch stand which is simple to assemble
- High-quality motor for smooth performance
- Does not come with a rip fence
- The tension knob is of cheap design
4. Grizzly G055LX Deluxe Band Saw
Grizzly has been in the game for a long time and boasts one of the extensive selections of the band saw in the universe. The saw evolves from being one lane functioning brand to a versatile band saw to deal with large pieces of timber without having to strain. The construction of the beast is easily recognizable. The wheel, frame, and table are all made of cast iron for optimal stability, durability, and high-quality performance.
With a weight of 200 pounds, the saw is very stable when working with sturdy materials. But you may need some assistance when moving the machine around. However, the saw is heavy duty and can deal with whichever material you place on the table. Moreover, the device constitutes a 1 HP electrical driven motor which may not be perfect for weighty equipment but is a right choice other pieces of wood and metal. The engine can move at a speed of between 1800 and 3100 RPM hence you can choose the pace you prefer
- Cast iron wheels with rubber tires
- Comes with a stand
- Durable ball-bearing construction
- Two-speed blade construction
- 13-1/2 throat capacity
- Extremely dependable
- Easy to change blades
- Comes with a dust port for making your workshop clean
- Comes with blade guide
- Built to last
- Not portable since they stand don’t come with wheels
- To make re-sawing effective, you will have to buy a band saw riser
5. SKIL 3386-01 2.5-Amp 9-Inch Band Saw
Skil 3386 features a single speed 2.5 Amp motor that is excellent for novice wood professionals. The band is essential for commercial use since it saves your budget to a great extent. It is suitable for all workshops irrespective of the size of your shop. Though the band may be unsuitable for heavy-duty cutting, it is capable of cutting full pieces of timber or metal materials without leaving a trace. The best feature we all adore with the band is the dust port. It is incorporated in the saw to ensure your working place is free from debris.
Another essential feature of the band is the rip fence. The fence has one primary purpose of ensuring your cuts are precise and accurate. Making cuts straight is the dream of any woodworker since it raises your standards as a professional. That feature makes the band highly efficient to work as your companion in ages to come. Besides, for ease crosscuts, the saw includes a miter gauge very powerful for such a class. Another addition to the features is the LED generation of light forming the central part. You can work in the dark without inconveniences.
- Comes with durable grade steel
- Full optimization of tooth geometry for better performance
- Single 2.5-amp motor
- Versatile LED lamp for visibility
- Dust port
- Zero noise motor
- Adjusting the height and angle of the table is very effortless
- Super light model
- Ensure your workshop is free from dust
- You can easily change the blade
- Plastic Flimsy tension knob
- Perform poorly with heavy-duty pieces of timber
- Does not include a miter gauge
- Blade wear up fast and are subject to constant replacement
- No free stand as a part of the purchase
6. WEN 3975T 5-7/8-Inch Metal-Cutting
WEN 3975T is among the best budget-friendly units in the market today. The latter combines high performance with quality construction. Like any other WEN machine, the motor utilizes constant power technology to maintain the speed and efficiency of the device. The engine is heavy duty and able to cut any material on the table within a span of period. You can adjust the speed of the blade, which varies from 125 to 260 feet per minute.
The compact design for the machine is the reason why it is accessible. It is so agile and flexible for secure storage and transportation. Sometimes transporting devices of such nature may be tough, and that’s why the former need a compact design to keep it moving and stealthy. Also, WEN 3975T is known for its beveling blades. Such blades help to perform in-depth and straight cuts anywhere from 0 to 60 degrees.
- The adjustable-rate for the blade
- Comes with a compact design
- Motor protection system
- Powerful motor for the excellent cutting system
- Durable blades
- Has a balanced body for incredible control over the whole unit
- Lightweight model
- Performs deep cuts due to the terrifying speed
- Quite noisy
- Installation may be challenging
7. DEWALT Portable Band Saw
Our list could not be complete without talking about the DEWALT band saw. DEWALT is a perfect machine from a comprehensive manufacturer. It owns the reputation of a powerful motor of taking even the most robust materials. In your lifetime, you shall not see the machine bogging down because of a tough job. Moreover, the machine comes with a top speed between 100sfm to 350sfm. That makes the whole system versatile for optimal performance.
Besides, DEWALT includes a variable speed dial which will help you choose the right speed for your work. The machine is very affordable, and with its price, interestingly it comes with rubber bumpers with a service shroud of steel. That makes the band saw very indispensable. Also, that is the explanation for the long-lasting performance of the machine. Another particular feature is the LED light that illuminates the cut line to boast your working accuracy, especially when working in a dark environment.
- 10 Amp motor for sustaining al Jobsite application
- Durable steel make up
- LED slight light for working in dark environment
- Integrated hang hook for hanging the saw when not in use
- Lightweight for maximum portability
- Durable blade easy for maintenance
- Comes with a hanging hook
- Easy replacement of the brushes
- Compact body design for stability
- Blade gets very blunt and dull fast
- Not very quiet
8. Milwaukee 2429-21XC MI2
Here comes a game-changer in our list of the best band saws 2020. Milwaukee 2429 is a perfect choice for persons who love lightweight machines. You can efficiently operate the band saw using one hand. That’s how portable and secure the device is. It boasts an excellent cordless design second to none. Indubitable, the band saw is one of the most legal the world has seen in the modern era. The saw is powered by a 12V XC battery that allows you to make more than 150 cuts on only a single charge. Interestingly, the battery takes only 30 minutes to charge. Is that not brilliant?
Also, the saw comes with a relatively powerful motor for its class. It can cut through ¾ inches EMT conduct in just 3 seconds. That is very impressive, considering that the band is only a small footprint. Another remarkable feature for the saw is LED light availability. Considering its speed, you will need a built-in source of light and the saw doesn’t fail either. You will need the light to illuminate the cut line while working in a quite darker environment. That makes it possible for you to be more attentive to the accuracy of each cut.
- One-Handed cuts
- Compact size band saw for portability
- Includes blade tension adjustment
- Comes with an Aluminium guard to protect the motor and the gear
- Can run on 12v lithium-ion batteries
- One can use with a single hand
- The design is very reliable and cordless
- Makes accurate cuts which are very straight
- Comes with a plastic case for carrying
- Easy to slow start through the use of variable speed trigger
- Blades are of low quality
- Does not support heavy-duty materials
9. DEWALT 20V MAX Portable Band Saw
DEWALT 20V MAX is one of the band saw working machines that offer standard value for your money. If only you know you know how to operate the tool effectively, then you have the upper hand. It comes with some aspects of programming that you need to understand so that you can complete your tasks effectively fully. The saw comes with LED light which is an excellent feature for the band saws. Such a feature is significant when you are operating in a darker room.
Another critical aspect of the saw is the speed trigger. You can quickly start the motor at a low pace and increase the speed while the machine is on the motion. That gives you flexibility and proper control of the machine. Furthermore, the saw comes with an integrated hook for hanging. Once you finish with the machine, you can hang it to enhance safety precautions. Besides, the rollers are so versatile and will serve your band for an extended period.
- Comes with an optimal center handle position for more balance
- LED light for illumination
- Integrated hang hook for hanging the saw when not in use
- Double-bearing blade guide and durable rollers
- Ergonomic soft grip back handle for versatility and comfortability
- Excellent LED light for working in the dark
- Easy to operate and set up
- Super hang hook for safer storage
- Available at an affordable price
- An above-average potent motor
- The blades are not durable
- The finishes are not very smooth
10. Makita XBP02Z 18V
Though not widespread, Makita is growing at a rapid rate in the market. It uses expandable Makita 18V Lithium-ion battery series that is faster to charge and can support cuts for relatively long rounds. Also, the machines include a cordless and lethal design making it stunning and powerful at the same time. It comes in less weight for quite a broad range of commercial use. You can also take the saw out to perform more out jobs since it is very versatile.
Makita also includes externally accessible brushes that serve the saw well to increase its lifespan. Another relevant spec is the rubber soft-grip handle which increases the comfort when handling the saw. For all the above band saws in our list, we may confidently crown Makita as the king of support. Onboard, you also have super wrench storage and effortless stopper plate adjustment. To conclude, Makita also has LED light to illuminate on the cuts for more accuracy.
- Comes with a thick protective rubber bumper for durability
- Hook tools for safer storage
- LED light for illumination
- Accessible brushes for better services
- Comes with comfortable rubber handle
- Easy to operate
- Proper positioning of the blade tensioner
- Horizontal and vertical versatility
- The quality assurance is low
- You have to buy a charger and batteries
Things to Consider
Before you buy a bandsaw, you need to have a few important considerations in mind. Some of them include the following:
The band saw motors can determine what type of wood or metal you can deal with. These motors are electrical systems, and you can measure their effectiveness in terms of horsepower. For that reason, you need an efficient and robust system to take your woodworking job at another level.
Motor with a rate of less than 1.0 HP might be very inferior or too tiny to support your demanding commercial work. Heavy-duty wood and metal pieces demand a powerful motor of more than 1.5 HP for a precise and easy task. So if you are regularly cutting, you need to consider a band saw with higher-rated horsepower.
Whether you plan to have a mobile, or a stationary band saw, the amount of space available in your workshop matters a lot. You might need to have a sit-on-table band saw to save space. Alternatively, you can also consider having a benchtop if you need a broadband saw, but you don’t have a spacious room.
These two ways will help to minimize the space that the machine will occupy in the room. Also, if you don’t have an issue with space, you may consider going for a full-size machine since they are more potent and reliable to carry out the work.
Yet another factor you need to put into consideration in your band sawmill is the work light. Don’t underestimate the importance of a LED light, especially when dealing with intricate cuts. Sometimes your schedule may be so tight during the day such that the only time you can perform the cuts is during the night. Since that is no simple work, you can consider going for a band saw with a built-in work light in the package. That will work well with you.
The bottom line is, all the above benchtop band saws have special unique features that make them be on our list. However, they may seem to differ in terms of power and performance, but at the end of the day, they stand out to count as supermodels that need applause. They are affordable and ready to cope with your financial situation throughout the year.
So with that, you have an assurance that it is not a trick venture to undertake when choosing any of the above band saws. Having that knowledge in mind, you can go for the saw that suits you well.