DEWALT DW3982 Portable Band Saw Blade Review
These DEWALT DW3982 .020-by-44-7/8-Inch 14 TPI Portable Band Saw Blades are ideal for the serious metal worker. They feature heat and wear resisting Matrix II high-speed steel edges and Rc 65-67 tooth hardness that guarantees wear resistance.
The blades consist of 8 percent cobalt content, meaning they offer the superior strength that would make light of any metal cutting job on the worksite. They’re ideal for professional and home use thanks to their durability and long life.
DEWALT DW3982 Description & Specifications
The blades measure in at 44-7/8 inches long and ½ inch in height and have an alloy steel backer for fatigue resistance. For use in DEWALT portable band saws, they are a handy companion to keep around on the job site that will provide your power tool with the strength and precision cut it needs.
- 8 percent cobalt content and alloy steel backer make them extremely durable, rugged, and able to cut through a range of different metals;
- Matrix II high-speed steel edges resist against heat and wear, giving you a longer-lasting blade;
- This one blade works well cutting through a range of different metals and tough materials, so there’s no need to have a wide variety of blades to choose from with your band saw;
- These blades cut a little slower than others, so require a little more patience when using to perform the desired cut;
- The DEWALT DW3982 .020-by-44-7/8-Inch 14 TPI Portable Band Saw Blades can be prone to fatigue, often in the forms of cracking and breakage;
- Be sure to choose the correct teeth per inch for your job, as the teeth are very hard and can lead to further breakages;
The DEWALT DW3982 .020-by-44-7/8-Inch 14 TPI Portable Band Saw Blades are ideal for use in most DEWALT portable band saw tools. Thanks to DEWALT’s reputation for crafting quality blades, you may not have to change this as often as other brands.
These powerful blades feature 8 percent cobalt that gives them that extra edge on competitors. In addition, its alloy steel backing offers superior strength and fatigue resistance for those tedious jobs. The use of Matrix II high-speed steel edges helps to protect it from heat and wear damage. So that your blades can use a long time as long as possible.
When using the blades, be sure that you are working with the correct TPI for your job. The hard teeth on this blade can be prone to breaking if not suitable for your material.
Overall, the DEWALT DW3982 .020-by-44-7/8-Inch 14 TPI Portable Band Saw Blades are excellent value for money. And indicative of the trusted and reliable DEWALT brand.
These blades are an ideal addition to your DEWALT power tool. Specifically, you’ll never need to look to another manufacturer for any of your band saw needs.
You can also check the best bandsaw for the money.