The POWERTEC BS900 9-Inch Band Saw provides one of the cheaper but sturdier vertical band saws for use in your home or shop. It has a patented blade guard adjustment that allows you to switch blades effortlessly with a quick-release blade tension lever.
The Powertec BS900 Band Saw 9 Inch Reviews
This machine features a blade tracking window so you can ensure you’re performing the correct cuts, and its table has a rack and pinion adjustment that allows for an easy tilt to 45 degrees. Its 2.5-amp induction motor gives a little less torque than other vertical saws but makes it great for those who are looking for their first wood-cutting band saw.
In terms of blade width range, it has 1/8 inch to 2/8-inch increased versatility, making it ideal for scroll cutting and resawing jobs. The POWERTEC Band Saw is the ideal companion for woodworkers and hobbyists who want a versatile but cost-effective machine for their own shop.
- One of the cheaper tools available, the POWERTEC BS900 9-Inch Band Saw comes in at around $150 and can perform a number of simple woodcutting duties;
- Can work with a range of woods including oak and hickory, making it the only machine necessary for hobbyists or amateur woodworkers;
- Easy to set up and assemble straight out of the box, and clear guidelines and user manual which is handy for first-timers;
- The motor is not as powerful as other vertical saws on the market at only 2.5 amp, so it requires a slower approach to cutting jobs;
- The frame is lightweight and features a lot of plastic in its construction, so it’s not built to take a beating;
- The standard blades which come with this band saw are not of the highest quality, so it’s recommended that they are switched before use;
Although it might not appeal to the serious woodworker or those with a larger production rate, the POWERTEC BS900 9-Inch Band Saw is great value for money. Its 2.5-amp motor provides just the right amount of power to work with a range of woods and will deliver a quality cut. Its ability to adjust blades with ease and simple set up upon opening makes it an extremely user-friendly power tool.
This machine is certainly cost-effective and handy, but probably not ideal for those who are looking for a durable machine that’s capable of a bit more. The POWERTEC BS900 9-Inch Band Saw would be the perfect tool for those just starting out with woodworking or hobbyists who know they don’t rely on something more heavy-duty for their types of projects.