Powertec BS900 Band Saw 9 Inch Reviews
The POWERTEC BS900 9-Inch Band Saw provides one of the cheaper but sturdier vertical band saws for use in your home or shop. It has a patented blade guard adjustment that allows you to switch blades effortlessly with a quick-release blade tension lever.
The Powertec BS900 Band Saw 9 Inch Reviews
This machine features a blade tracking window so you can ensure you’re performing the correct cuts, and its table has a rack and pinion adjustment that allows for an easy tilt to 45 degrees. Its 2.5-amp induction motor gives a little less torque than other vertical saws but makes it great for those who are looking for their first wood cutting band saw.
In terms of blade width range, it has 1/8 inch to 2/8-inch increased versatility, making it ideal for scroll cutting and resawing jobs. The POWERTEC Band Saw is the ideal companion for woodworkers and hobbyists who want a versatile but cost-effective machine for their own shop.
- One of the cheaper tools available, the POWERTEC BS900 9-Inch Band Saw comes in at around $150 and can perform a number of simple woodcutting duties;
- Can work with a range of woods including oak and hickory, making it the only machine necessary for hobbyists or amateur woodworkers;
- Easy to set up and assemble straight out of the box, and clear guidelines and user manual which is handy for first-timers;
- The motor is not as powerful as other vertical saws on the market at only 2.5 amp, so it requires a slower approach to cutting jobs;
- The frame is lightweight and features a lot of plastic in its construction, so it’s not built to take a beating;
- The standard blades which come with this band saw are not of the highest quality, so it’s recommended that they are switched before use;
Although it might not appeal to the serious woodworker or those with a larger production rate, the POWERTEC BS900 9-Inch Band Saw is great value for money. Its 2.5-amp motor provides just the right amount of power to work with a range of woods and will deliver a quality cut. Its ability to adjust blades with ease and simple set up upon opening makes it an extremely user-friendly power tool.
This machine is certainly cost-effective and handy, but probably not ideal for those who are looking for a durable machine that’s capable of a bit more. The POWERTEC BS900 9-Inch Band Saw would be the perfect tool for those just starting out with woodworking or hobbyists who know they don’t rely on something more heavy-duty for their types of projects.